Monday’s stink! The lustful look at the weekend ahead seems like an eternity away, so why not shake up your week with a fun family game night. In my house on Monday’s by the time I wake up, my husband is already gone for the day, the house is sort of a wreak from the weekend, my kiddo is whining about school and I know once I hit work there will be a thousand emails and meetings no stop. Monday’s are non-stop, so do yourself a favor and have a little fun when you get home!
Fix a crock pot meal, have a drink and enjoy a little bit of time having fun with your family. One of my favorite easy game Monday night meals is Park Place Chicken Sandwiches. I grab a prepackaged bag of salad or pre-chopped fruit from the grocery and serve with my guys favorite chips. The goal is to make it so easy that you just walk in the door and you’re ready to get your monopoly on!
Sunday night before bed…
- I pop all the ingredients into the crock pot and just place it in the fridge till the morning.
- I also write myself a post-it note and put it on the garage door, because Monday mornings are nuts and I have totally forgotten to pull it out of the fridge and get it cooking in the base.
- I grab 2 cans of Sophia Coopola’s Champagne (I mean it’s a Monday, if you want to go all in pop a whole bottle in there) and a few beers for the hubs to make sure they are chilling in the fridge
- Track down the monopoly game and toss it on the table
- Prep done!
- Walk in the door, pop your champagne and get your kid to start setting up the game as you shred up the chicken.
- Serve everything on paper plates for less clean up
- Soak up your family time and feel the magic of what Monday’s can be like if you plan on just carving out a little bit of fun time!
Check out these affiliates on Amazon that offer some great Monopoly options to include all members of the family. My 5 year old LOVES the Monopoly Junior Edition!